Have you seen this?
It is the 2011 issue
to be displayed until September 26, 2011
OMG, see what I found...
#8
Argyle Flea Market
Colchester, IL
Labor Day Weekend
I bought this magazine soon after it came out.
Saw this little blurb and knew I had to
"Save the Date"
Normally I would say,
"where the heck is Colchester, IL?"
BUT
I found a new and faster route
to my brother's house
in Missouri
AND
I go right by Colchester,
a couple of miles from Macomb,
home of Western Illinois University.
Just a little over a 2 hour drive for us.
Flea market is open Friday through Monday,
so guess what Mr. C and I did yesterday?
Yup, took a vacation day,
and went on a road trip.
The plan was to leave early in the morning
~ like 7:00 a.m.
I think by the time we got out of town it was 10:00,
arriving in Colchester at high noon.
Talk about hot and humid.
Oh my!
If you notice at the bottom of the ad,
it said the vendors set up
under a thick grove of pine trees.
Not this year.
Open field
and not a shade tree to be found,
with the thick grove of pine trees
in the background.
I'm not one to take the heat anymore
and my face was beat red after 30 minutes.
Can you guess what I was saying?
Yup, I want to go home.
I was miserable.
The vendors had to be miserable too.
Can you imagine how hot it was in these jars?
This drum was kinda cool.
It reminded me when our marching band
would be in holiday parades
and we would have to march
in this heat
in full band costume.
Came upon a booth with several tables of
beautiful silverware,
Kate McCorkle, Outin The Sticks
Antiques & Collectables,
from Hillsdale, IL.
I purchased this necklace she made.
Made out of Charter Oak silverware.
She said it is hard to find.
I love it !
Then I came across this treasure.
It was $45.
Not a bad price I don't think.
Normally I wouldn't have given it
a second thought
but after seeing Amy's post
and her inspiration
I was pretty sure I wanted it.
Well folks,
by the time we left,
I was so dang hot,
I forgot to go back
and buy it.
Oh boy!
Disappointed I was,
but we had a great day together,
Mr. C and I,
visited with some fun people,
rockin' to great music
(you know, the kind you can sing at the top of your lungs)
and it was sunny & beautiful out,
as long as you stayed in the AC!


Sounds like a super hot but fun day. I love a play day. YOur necklace is gorgeous and that scale was wonderful too. I have always loved them. Thanks also for the visit and your gracious comment. I so appreciate it. Hugs, Marty
ReplyDeleteP.S. I didn't see a follow button. I did click to follow at the top of the page, however that doesn't always show up your latest posts. Maybe you can add the button.
Ack! I had to work the booth at the football game, so I know how you felt! YUCK! So, someone bought the scale before you could go back and get it? Terrible luck!
ReplyDeleteYour husband must be a saint, mine would NEVER consider anything like that!