Gosh, it has been so long since I have been on here, I almost forgot how to "compose".
I have missed it.
And I have missed all of you.
Today was the Open House at Distinctive Gardens in Dixon, IL.
Gosh, I just love this place.
The creative owners provide a perfect venue for local artists.
Check out this painted car hood.
This one is not for sale............
but this one below is.
I'm not sure what I would do with it,
but think it is so cool.
Lots of goodies inside too.
This container above used to be an iris bulb box, now recycled for potted flowers or herbs......
and this is a cola box......which I'm sure I have seen on Pinterest.
and a customer brought this old baby buggy in to be "planted".
This is going to be gorgeous once it starts growing.
Definitely one of my favorite places to "visit" several times during the season.
And today they had a jazz band playing in the background.
A very calming day.
A day to smile and be grateful.
I promise not to be gone so long next time.
And I will also let you know what has been happening this past year.
But for now, this sign tells me to eat or get out.
I'm going up the street to Arthur's Deli for a bite to eat.
Later, people.

Hey, Connie, just ran across your blog from mine, and wanted to say hi. I blog few and far between nowadays, too. I do miss it. Will have to be more determined. You have inspired me.
ReplyDeleteMarsha
http://marshashopechest.blogspot.com/
Good morning, Connie! Wow, I'd *love* to visit distinctive gardens. It looks like a fun (and very creative) place. :D I am ashamed to admit that I still haven't visited our local nursery, and my containers look sad.....with dead pansies in some of them....but I have been terribly busy! Your post has inspired me to make that trip this week!
ReplyDeleteHave a fun day!
xo,
Ricki Jill