Saturday, October 15, 2011

Na Da Farm Fall Eleven



Were you able to go?

It was last weekend ~ perfect fall weather!

Here I am Friday night around 9:00

giddy with excitement with the prospect of some "free" time,

and emailing Jill Harris

if she possibly had any openings for her

Saturday morning jewelry class.


Of course!

Just show up at 9:00 a.m.

So I did.

We were set up in the corn crib.


Each of us getting a cute bag of goodies.


LOOK at all of the jars of beads, buttons, 

pretty rhinestone pins,


and KEYS galore!

A MUST:  learning the basics of making a loop

with annealed wire.


It takes practice (so I'm told).


Gosh, what I did learn is, I think I'm not 
as coordinated as I thought.

I couldn't remember from one step to the other
if it was over and around,
under and up,
twist the hand or not,
or which tool to use .......
(and I thought these pictures would help me)
[  giggle giggle ]




Don't get me wrong, Jill did a great job
(very patient and very kind if you know what I mean)
because Judy and Kathy (the "good" students)
mastered it in no time.

I'm pretty sure this is not my calling either.

You know, I am a professional buyer at a steel company,
and I have bought annealed wire from time to time, 
however,
don't ask me to do something with it after I buy it.

It is much easier for me to buy the pieces 
completely assembled.

But NOW I can appreciate the time and skill 
it takes someone to make jewelry.
Thanks Jill for being so patient with me.

Check out her blog here
and click on the shop button for
wonderful salvaged pieces she has created.

Here is a small portion of her display at Na Da Farm.


I would have loved to take all the classes offered
this weekend
(even if I'm not the artsy type)
but time and other commitments got in the way.

As usual, Anne Marie and her family did another
amazing job transforming their barn into an
elegant piece of art.

She amazes me.


You can check out her blog here
(not only of the farm event,
but of God, life and family)


You may want to stop by Alison's blog
from the Polohouse here.

She attended Friday night and described it as "magical".


Christie from Carter's Cottage was a new vendor,
and she brought along her Annie Sloan Chalk paint
and a few furniture pieces.


You can check out her blog & store here.
(BTW, Candace did remember me.)
[ smile ]


Jennifer Rizzo was a repeat vendor 
with another lovely display.
She had a part 1 and part 2 on the event
so check it out here.


Tracey at French Larkspur captured the full flavor
of the event and you catch up 
with her here.


Anne Marie - Thanks so much for all of your efforts.
You are so talented and so giving in so many ways.

Until next time......Peace be with you!

6 comments:

  1. it was such a great event. glad you got to take jill's class. she is such a doll. too bad i missed you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie!
    yes it was a fun class and Jill is a great instructor! you got it too! it was a pleasure meeting you!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy Connie and thanks for joining my blog today. Can I just tell you how excited I was to go and check my stats today and see that I had one more new follower:) Those silly little things make me sooooooo happy. I look forward to getting to know you through your blog. Also so excited that you live where you do because on my list of to do things is to get out to Illinois next year for Anne Marie's barn sale and I hope to be able to meet all the wonderful people whose blogs I have found.
    Thanks again for giving my blog a chance. Have a beautiful week.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the kind shout out, Connie!
    So sorry I didn't get to meet you in person though. It was so much fun. Magical too.
    :)
    xx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Connie
    Thanks for stopping by and saying hey...
    wish I could have gone to this. I had planned on it and tried but things just didn't work out. Looks like a fun time had by all, Anne Marie does such a great job. I had so much fun at the last event.
    Hope you have a great week
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I drove by on the Thursday before and things were all dolled up, but we had volleyball in Dixon that weekend. I would have loved to have seen inside her picket fence. Looks like you had a blast, making jewelry sounds like an exercise in frustration for me, so I'd just skip it altogether!
    take care!
    Sis

    ReplyDelete