Did anyone else watch the CMA awards Wednesday night?
Hosted by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood.
I absolutely LOVE music
Do you hear me?
LOVE MUSIC!
AND
country music has always been a part of my life.
They had a very nice tribute to Glen Campbell,
although never a big fan of Glen's,
I have to admit, I can sing along to all of his songs.
I was sitting all alone in the family room,
minding my own business,
listening to the TV,
and tears start streaming down my face as I listened to the familiar tunes
Galveston, By the Time I Get to Phoenix, Wichita Lineman
Back to a time when everyone in my family
were alive and well.
Isn't that funny how a song brings you back
You may not be thinking about anything in particular
but then that song comes on
and takes you back.
The memories
I can't hear a Tammy Wynette or Waylon Jennings song
without thinking of my dad.
Our family gathered in the living room to listen to
hilarious!!!!
Weekly we would watch the Sonny & Cher show
(My dad loved the banter between the two)
I still have all of my albums ~ I don't own an iPod.
Does that date me?
Here's one I had to buy on eBay
~ my brother had the original and wouldn't let me have it
This is another one of my brother's that I purchased,
both vinyl and CD.
A great entertainer ~ and one I saw at several county fairs.
Won't ever forget this 1977 album
and my trips to U of I, sitting between Greg & Lee
and watching them play football the next four years.
Another great from that era
Kim got me hooked on this group.
Sheila and I would sing these songs from this album at work.
GET UP ~ GET BACK ON YOUR FEET!
Dating Kevin ~ I think I should have married him.
ROMANCE!
Crush on Brian ~ and wishing Maple Park wasn't so far away.
Loved this album
but it was the beginning of a dark time in my life
DANCE music
and Rockford Lightning games
If you want to learn the Declaration of Independence
to song, this one is for you.
We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal.....(Can you hear me singing?)
That is probably a good thing.
I'm a horrible singer.
Days of Dan ~ probably a good thing I didn't marry him.
Just in case you didn't get a good glimpse.
I would be remiss if I didn't include our hometown boys
It was nothing to see Rick on the bike path, or Carlos at the Rockford Lightning games or Robin at the Hallmark store picking out a card. Notice I spared you all of my disco collection.
You are welcome
Does music trigger a memory for you?
Even if you don't remember,
The Song Remembers When
(Trisha Yearwood sings this
but it is not available on free playlist)
Does music trigger a memory for you?
Even if you don't remember,
The Song Remembers When
(Trisha Yearwood sings this
but it is not available on free playlist)
Nite y'all.
The Band Perry is in my CD player ready for my morning shower.



















Oh wow! What a blast from my past. My favorites are Fleetwood Mac and Bruce Springsteen. I own vinyl albums, too. No IPod for me, either!
ReplyDelete