I have missed you too!
The word on the street this week is "Hardwood"
My nephew came up from Missouri late Monday night, and started installing our hardwood flooring.
~ through the entire house
~ so I've been kinda busy
moving furniture every night........
~ packing up dishes
~ unloading cabinets
~ moving more furniture
~ unloading more cabinetsReally.....where do you put all this stuff?
~ ohhh, and don't forget moving the lumber from one side of the room to the other
~ putting felt pads under every single stick of furniture that touches the floor.
~ trips to Wal-Mart to get more felt pads.
~ trips to Wal-Mart to get the CORRECT size felt pads.
~ trips to Ace Hardware Dixon for more gun cleats
~ have to keep thinking about the end result
living room, dining room ~ CHECKfamily room almost done
hallway is half done
See that stool?
That's where I'm sitting.
This room is prepped for tomorrow.
Yup, he is working through the weekend.
(I thought we were going to get a break.)
Gotta go.......
Ooohhh how exciting!! Love the color and size of the planks. They are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHow awesome for you, Connie! The wood looks so beautiful, but what an awesome guy to come do that for you!
ReplyDeleteI am not as lucky to have a handy person like that in my family!
I have hardwood, but I like the color of yours, better!! Don't work too hard, sitting on that tiny stool looks to be hard on your back!
JoAnn - Thanks for the comments. I'm loving it too. I have been all giddy as he gets more done. The computer room flooring is done and back in its place. How do you make reply comments so they are indented like you do on your blog?
ReplyDeleteSissy - Yes, he is pretty awesome. He is going to come back and redo my bathroom. The stool came in pretty handy. As far as the back is concerned, my niece is a chiropractor. It's all good!
Ugh!!! Makes me tired just looking at the photos. You're the one doing all the work! Hopefully, it'll be finished soon. Looks great!
ReplyDeleteIt's going to be awesome! So much work but totally worth it in the end.
ReplyDeleteLove your stool.... makes for some bad back issues later in the day though!! LOL
I cannot wait to see the finished product.
Love hardwood!
xoxox
Alison