Monday, April 2, 2012

Romancing the Plaid


It all started with a few presents

My husband, (yes I know this is Kenny)
gave me this beautiful birdhouse to confess his love for me.
In return, I gave him this beautiful
Sweet, eh?

We chose a night out on the town in this attire.
When we came home, we fought over who was going to wear these
(so comfortable)

The next day we planned a family day at the beach



And our little rugrat wore this
You know the price of gas is outrageous, so we decided to conserve
and rode this.
It was a great couple of days!

And we lived happily ever after
romancing the plaid
Most pictures from Pinterest
because I don't own plaid.

Seriously!

But I wanted to fit in
and party with 
all the "mad plaiders"
during the Tartan Parade

so I made this all up.

Seriously!

Please don't be mad at me.

I just wanted to fit in.



To see SERIOUS plaid
check out all the entries,
and I mean REAL ENTRIES
at 
Favorites on the First

 If I did own plaid, my first piece would be this.  
I believe it is from Old Navy.


Have a holy HOLY week!




14 comments:

  1. Lou, this is a great entry! I love a good sport and one who wants to join in. Thanks for this creative post full of fabulous tartan images. Love it!
    Now you'll need to get yourself a piece of plaid. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heavens! Connie Lou,
    you have outdone yourself, gf!!!

    This is great! I LOVE that pic of Sarah JP.... what a frock!
    I have had my eye on that book forever. It is supposed to be a great one. Maybe it will have to go on my bday list this year?!

    Romancing the Plaid, indeed.
    Love this!

    Thanks for linking up to the Tartan Parade!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post for the Tartan Parade Party, the bird feeder is very clever!
    Thanks for visiting Ben & me in Normandy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou, this is a fun, fun post and I got a giggle from your story explaining the photos. The photo with the couple wearing bell bottoms and plaid shirts is really a blast from the past. I think I had a shirt like that. :)
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Tartan Parade.
    Hugs,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lou, I got a kick out of your post! Who says you can't join the party if you don't own plaid. Very funny indeed!
    Thanks for joining the Parade! ~Delores

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Oh this is a great post. Love all the plaid.
    Happy Tartan Day ! & Tartan Parade.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are too funny. i have a girlfriend who just loves anything plaid. have a wonderful holy week too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lou, you are a Knutt with a capital "K". My Joe has a lovely kilt but it is so crazy busy right now with us I could not get him in it for pics. Today is our Anniversary and we nearly forgot. hugs, olive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! I'm honored you found time to stop in on my blog when you should be out looking for plaid and bell bottoms and living happily ever after! (jk - just kidding) You know, you still have time to get Joe into that kilt, in fact, 3 more days. Enjoy the rest of the night.

      Delete
  9. Very fun post.....I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Connie Lou, just had to revisit this one again. It's quiet this morning and Sadie and I are out on the terrace listening to the birds and having morning coffee. Perfection! Hope you have a beautiful day.........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha! I love that last photo from the 70's. Brought back memories, for sure!

    ReplyDelete