Last Saturday I had such a pleasant time
getting to know one
of my childhood friends again,
Jill.
We shopped the Three French Hens Market
and decided to have lunch
at one of the newest places downtown
~ Letty Mae's Tea Room & Fancy Junk ~
Well, you know what happens when you have a new place
open up,
AND the Three French Hens Market
at the same time.
You guessed it -
It is packed!
We were famished,
and didn't stay for lunch
but not before I snapped a few pictures.
Isn't it the cutest place?
I hear they have fabulous lunches,
so the next time you are in Morris,
check it out.
AND if it is packed,
do what we did.
Mosey on down a few more blocks
to
Ebbey George's Bar & Grill
Seating available immediately
and a great Pizza Burger & Fries.
We visited a couple more shops
1. The Thoughtful Spot
~ thanks for the potty break ~
of course it helps
that Jill works for the owners
in the same building,
and 2. Ruby Begonia'S
Here is one of the dressing rooms
Unfortunately the storm clouds rolled in
and we made a quick get away.
Definitely want to check out
Whimsy
and
The Front Porch
during my next visit.
Morris is one of the few towns
that STILL has a downtown ~
and they seem to be thriving.
A very quaint town
that Jill calls Mayberry.
It was a fun time and I can't wait to go back.
AND since I'm a farm girl,
I couldn't resist snapping a few pics
on my way back home that day.
It must have been tractor day
in Rock Falls, IL
Be still my heart.
Go IH
letty maes has some cute stuff. i always pop in there when i am in town. and i love ruby's. monica has such fun stuff and she is a hoot. the clouds in the last few photos are gorgeous.
ReplyDelete