Finally!
So excited that I got to go to the Three French Hens Market in Morris, IL.
I wasn't quite sure what to expect
And, I was pleasantly surprised
There was a little bit of everything
LOVE this whole set
Now for the BEST part!
I met my friend Jill for the first time in 35 years!
Can you believe it?
(Facebook is a wonderful thing.)
We met at church camp in Oregon, IL in 1969.
Really! 1969!
A month after we landed on the moon.
Eons ago!
This is one of the few pictures I have of her back then.
I think we decided the last time we saw each other was her wedding in 1976.
Then we lost track of each other.
I moved to Sterling, IL (yikes) and she moved to Maui (heaven).
We had so much fun catching up ~
and lots of tears were shed as we stepped back in time.
To my surprise, Jill had never been to Three French Hens.
AND she is from Morris.
Of course, she ran into all kinds of people she knew.
Jewelry must have been on my mind ~
Purchased a beautiful sea glass necklace from this booth,
Seajeweled, artist Evelyn Kane.
Another jewelry find was a sterling silver bracelet
from Jane Davis Designs ~
AND then we decided to go back and get a pair of earrings from her,
a silver dime and a buffalo nickel paired together.
Took them right out of her ears, I did.
Love them!
Jill ordered a pair too.
Jill (left) Jane Davis (right)
Turns out Jill recognized Jane from "back in the day" -
they had mutual acquaintances.
Jane even sells her jewelry at Ruby Begonia'S.
Here is part of her display.
More market booths
Traci Tessone from Whimsy was there.
She was a vendor at Na-Da Farm this spring.
Seems Jill and Traci knew each other too
(from the country club darling)
It was such a fun day!
Pretty awesome if you think about it
~ 35 years ~
I have more to share but time for bed now.
Thanks Jill for a great day!
Me Jill


what a wonderful day for you. i missed ya. heck, i missed the whole event. i had some things pop up here and i couldn't get away. so bummed. last time i was there i had jewelry on the mind too.
ReplyDeleteThat is such a sweet story!!! It was so great to see both of you! I must say the two of you made my day - too fun!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks!! XO
Wow. Who got the better end of that deal-Sterling or Maui?? Sheesh! At least Sterling has a Wild Wings, now!
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of all these markets you go to! That NaDa farm is .23 miles from where I work, believe it or not. What a smallllll world!
(luv your necklace in the last photo by the way!!)