Sunday, August 21st.
My Birthday
The Facebook messages started coming in
Same with text messages
Went to church and listened to Fr. Bruce talk about Peter and the Rock.
During the sign of peace, my neighbor Sharon and I both said Happy Birthday to each other.
Breakfast
At the spur of the moment, my husband and Idecided to take our day trip to Dekalb today instead of Monday.
(Goodie, I will be able to sleep in tomorrow.)
First stop:
Carter's Cottage owned by Christie
Purchased Annie Sloan Chalk Paint with the help of Christie's daughter Candace.
(Thanks for the tip Anne Marie)
(Thanks for the tip Anne Marie)
OMG, the sweetest girl with the best personality.
If I had a girl, I would want her exactly like Candy.
What a sweetheart.
I went there to purchase the old white. Got Duck Egg Blue instead
because of this piece.
They plan to be a vendor at Na-Da farm this fall.
To say they are excited would be an understatement.
Candy thinks she will remember me.
We will see.
We will see.
Second stop:
Moxie's across the street
Used by $25.00 gift certificate door prize I won at the Na-Da farm in the spring.
Love my new purchases.
Bracelet
Embellished coin purse,
Glass droplet
Cute Moxie bag
and a sympathy booklet called
Hello From Heaven
Both of my brothers called to wish me a happy birthday
Touching moments
I think it was the first.
Borrowing a page from the sympathy booklet:
And I will be beside you every day and week and year,
And when you are sad,
I am standing there to wipe away the tears.
And when you lie in bed at night,
the day's chores put to flight,
GOD and I are closest to you
GOD and I are closest to you
in the middle of the night.
i am so glad you enjoyed your birthday. i am going to have to get to carters cottage. i love moxie. such a fun store.
ReplyDeleteWell! Happy Birthday!! I have never heard of the stores you mention in your post. I cannot believe the things you do, so close to me, I have never heard of!
ReplyDeleteI definitely have to check those out!
What are you painting??
Happy Birthday a little late. Thanks so much for your visit and your gracious comment. I am following you also. Loved reading your bio, I was born on a farm. Great memories. Hugs, Marty
ReplyDeleteHi Lou,
ReplyDeleteYou took me some great little shops. I think I would have come home with the blue paint too. What a great color. Can't wait to see the piece you paint with it.
I read your profile and I do believe we were raised exactly the same. Wasn't it great! And that's exactly what I knew my own children would have to have. So I married a wonderful guy who made it happen. It has been the blessing of my life to have been raised a farm girl. It gives us a sixth, and maybe seventh sense about life. It must have been those open fields we got to play in. I swear, if my mom knew half the stuff my sister and I got into...
Happy Belated Birthday! I'm so sorry I missed you, but am so happy someone things my Candy girl is a sweetheart! The shop has been so busy! I would love to see your finished dresser...hint hint! :) Oh, and Candy's memory is sharp as a tack! Hope to meet you at Na-Da!
ReplyDeleteChristie Carter
Hi Connie!
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't mind.... I am borrowing one of your photos showing Carter's Cottage storefront to post on Christie and her Annie paints!
I will post it tonight or tomorrow and gave you credit in the caption.
I hope you do not mind???
xox
Alison