Saturday, May 7, 2011

Home Away from Home

This is my home away from home
although I'm not sitting at my desk at the moment.
 
NOW I am.
This is my computer screen.......
I'm listening to K-LOVE online radio.
Sometimes I think it helps me stay calm.
Here are pictures of my twin great-nephews fishing with their uncle.
My LION picture.  This was hanging at my previous place of employment.  The company went bankrupt and my husband bought it at the auction dirt cheap.
  Speaking of my previous place of employment,
found this box at the antique mall.....
RB&W Los Angeles.......... 
I worked at RB&W Rock Falls.
Bought this at Greenwich Art Fair in Rockford, IL.
This was in my office when I worked at Pierce Chemical, 
now known as Fisher Scientific.
My co-worker says my office smells like dirt....
could be......I do have a lot of plants........
this is the Peace Lily from my father-in-laws funeral
given to me by the company.......
and this came from Marc & Vonda
and this came from my brothers....
although I am struggling to keep this one alive.
The leaves keep turning brown and then I have to cut them off but two out of three ain't bad for 16 months later,
AND to help with the dirt smell, I have my favorite soap
hiding behind my pictures.
 This is the uglier side of my office......
my catalogs, pending files, refrigerator for all of my healthy foods, and bottom right are my steel toed shoes with the booties on to keep my floors clean.
A necessary accessory to work in a steel mill.
Oh, did I say that I work in a steel mill?
Yes, we melt scrap steel and roll it into coiled rod.
Now, talk about repurposing material ~
you may be sitting or sleeping on some of our wire.
And let's not forget my silver hard hat on the coat rack back there.
My hair looks lovely after wearing this little puppy.  
(A rubber band & baseball cap is always kept close by.)
Oh, did I tell you that we have to cross a set of railroad tracks to get into our facility?
Yup, Union Pacific is right here.  It is handy to bring in our scrap and handy to ship out our steel, however, if you are in a hurry to get to an appointment or just want to go home after a long day, this frequently happens.
This train is NOT moving.
Oh, did I tell you that John Deere is an hour straight west of us?  That explains the green.
Oh, did I tell you Union Pacific is about 3 blocks east of here?
Yup, shift change ~ thus stopped cars.
This is me sitting in my car.
My co-worker behind me.
(Aren't digital cameras great?)
This concludes my tour for the day.
I better get back to work.
Peace.
This is really mE.


1 comment:

  1. Very fun seeing you and where you work. I like seeing who people are behind their pretty houses.

    God bless you, Amy

    ReplyDelete