Sunday, December 4, 2011

Jamie's Candleloft

On the eve of our little town of Sterling
kicking off the Christmas season,
there was a happening event,
on the outskirts of town.
Kinda over by my way .........
(actually on my way home from work ~ how convenient).
It's a Party ~ I mean Open House.
Thursday marked 11 years Jamie has been in business.
When I first started shopping in her store,
she was located in a teeny, tiny place.
I mean, really tiny. 
I mean, if you went with a friend,
one of you would have had to stay outside
while the other was inside.
  
Things have changed.
New location, bigger building, 
still good stuff inside.
You could probably bring a busload of friends now.
So much to see.
 Of course, I always gravitate
to my favorite display.
Simply delicious!
 
I'm just a Zum girl.
What can I say?
And look what's new?
I walked out with this baby.
My favorite ~ Patchouli
Have washed about 4 loads and it smells great!
My washer doesn't smell like a washer.
(You know what I'm talking about.)
Totally chemical free!
It's also HE for those who need to use 
high efficiency soap
for their washers.
Did I say I was a Zum girl? 
So you can understand why I 
rarely leave empty handed.
I know Jamie specializes in candles
but she has so much more than that.
And she will help you with your decorating too.
With this big push to shop local,
you bet I do!

  Ohhh, then I stumble upon something 
I haven't seen in years.
Be still my heart.

This GEM.
  
Oh, this brings back wonderful memories.
The feed cart we used to use in our old stanchion barn.
I believe it was retired when my dad quit milking.
Is it for sale? 
Surely you are not using it just to display rugs.
Hmmm, what would I do with it?
Who cares.
I just want it.
Let me think on that.

I ended the night by taking this home too. 
 
This beautiful, long rug 
that has blue and green stripes through it.
The green is very close to my new green walls.
Now my husband and I won't fight over the rug
when we are doing dishes.


BTW, in my previous post, three of my favorite "gifts"
(Zum soap, Badger foot balm, & Wood Wicks)
came right from this store,
so if you missed it, 
you can check it out here


Congratulations Jamie for 11 years!





3 comments:

  1. that looks like a great store. lots of goodies to bring home. do you use that soap in HE washers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I have a Whirlpool Duet HE washer and that was my concern, but the bottle has the HE symbol on the front and Jamie said it was good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Janie's Candle Loft Facebook postings. I don't live far from you. I'm up towards Forreston. It's always fun to run acrossed another area blogger. I'll be back to visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete