Thursday, December 15, 2011

Milestone Birthdays & Merry

So I have been busy this week at work.  


End of the year push to get capital projects moving, either get them started on the books, or get them finished.  Grueling.  


For milestone birthdays, the office always celebrates.


A very good co-worker of mine, Jules, turned 50 today. 
We celebrated yesterday because she took today off.
This is her window to the world.


She emphatically told me NO BLACK.


Ooops. 


So I mixed it up with some purple.


Really, someone needs to tell her you can't find 50th stuff in a sunny, cheery yellow.


Hopefully this cheered her up.
A sucker bouquet
arranged in a nice, vintage ironstone bowl.
After the suckers are gone, she can sell it in her booth at the antique mall.


I thought a sucker bouquet is a great idea


An idea from Pinterest - see my inspiration?
Now I can proudly wear the banner that says


"Today I am going to make something from Pinterest".


Jules bouquet was actually my second one.


My boss turned 40 in September. 


(I know, he's a youngin') 
Here's the first one I made, packed in a U of I bucket.


Very appropriate for an Illini engineer.
Of course, he had to explain to his 5 year old son what "40 sucks" means.

Ooops


I can't help it he didn't take the tag out before he went home.


Why do you think I put it in there separately?


Then I heard about it from his wife.


Ooops  

(There goes the Harry and David gourmet Christmas present this year.)


Speaking of Christmas, this is my Merry banner I have hanging in my office in the back window.
I made it from Jen Rizzo's great tutorial that can be found here.


She strung hers with roping and had the eyelets about a 1/4 in on either side. My eyelets are on the corner and it is strung with red curly ribbon.  I like hers better but I don't think this was too bad for my first time.


BTW, where's the Christmas?


(Yes, many people asked me.)


Bye for now.  Back to online shopping.







3 comments:

  1. What a good friend you are!
    But I really don't think 50 sucks! Mine was pretty good.
    Hope you enjoy your weekend!
    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a GREAT idea!
    I am going to copy this one for sure!
    Lots of my friends, and I, will be turning fifty in 2012. This will come in handy!
    xox
    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who wouldn't want that fun gift! I hadn't seen it on Pinterest, but I'll remember it now! Thanks for sharing! Love the MERRY banner, too! Thanks for stopping by my Ideas House post! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete