Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tending the Flock


A dog tending the flock.  


This picture was taken by Norman, on his way to Gillette, Wyoming.


He said there was no one around, and no ranch for miles.


Best he could determine was that the rancher dropped off his dog, and gave him instructions to tend the flock until he returned.


Norm was hoping the dog wouldn't move while he was taking the picture (he didn't), and he could only get half of the sheep in the shot.


Thought I would share this extraordinary moment.


Thanks Norm.


(Norm and I have known each other since first grade.  After high school, he moved to Alaska, and is now living in Wyoming, and I have been out of touch with him since graduation.  Facebook is wonderful thing.)

6 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous image. way to go norm. merry christmas connie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture. Beautiful!!!

    Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this photo. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat thing caught behind a lense. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou, Thanks for stopping by my post. The reindeer was from Target years ago. Loved reading your story about being a farmer's daughter. I am a farmer's granddaughter, but still feel close to the experience. My husband is a city farmer - fruit trees, boysenberries, garden, chickens, and lots of aviaries, so it is still in my life. Thanks for sharing great pictures of the many trees in Sheila's house, a great place to go for Christmas. Happy New Year! ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I love this post! I have been reading your blog this evening, and I am enjoying it so much! Your profile is too, too cute. I am your newest follower :D

    ReplyDelete