We spent the day at my sister-in-law's today.
Everyone was home for the holiday. So cool.
House was packed, but that was okay.
They have a full basement that could be another apartment so it was all good.
We had the traditional Mexican food since my husband and his siblings are 1/4 Mexican. I have never been a huge fan of Mexican food but I have learned to acquire a taste over the years, and they are very good about saying "this is the mild stuff".
Her house was beautiful!
She has very simple decorations, but elegant.
Here is her main tree in the living room.
These are the mercury ball ornaments that Jennifer and I both wanted to sneak out and take home with us. Cassie said she saw them at Gordman's and TJ Maxx. Really?
The angel statue on the mantel is in honor of their mother who passed away in 2003. In fact, this was her house, and Sheila bought it so the kids continue to come "here" for Christmas.
This tree was in between the double sink in the bathroom.
Very hard to take a picture when there is a mirror the whole length of the wall.
Dining room tree.
This tree was sitting in her kitchen on top of her black pie cupboard.
This tree was in the basement.
My husband's great nieces & nephews. The first two girls are twins and their brother. They are from the suburbs.
This is their cousin from Nashville. To hear him say "Tennessee Titans" just cracks me up. His grandparents continue to shower him with Chicago Bears clothes and accessories, to no avail.
This is their oldest cousin, almost 12. He loves playing with them and lets them do anything they want. Right now he is jumping over his dad.
Memories are being made for sure.
And the story of the night. Here is the littlest one. His grandma Sheila gave him a green peppermint candy cane. (What was she thinking?) He opened it up and proceeded to eat it, getting green all over him. Of course, as soon as this was discovered, his grandma snatched him up. I guess she didn't think green would look very nice on all of her white furniture.
Hope you all had children at your Christmas. They make it so much more special.
looks like the perfect day to me. lots of family love. her decorations are gorgeous. love all her different tree themes.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderful family day! and your SIL's home is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI love her decorations! Why don't I see things like that at TJ Maxx?? I never find the good stuff there! I just don't have an eye for that, I guess!
ReplyDeleteConnie, looks like you had a really nice Christmas. I loved your sister in laws Angel on the mantel in honor of her mom.
ReplyDeleteI hope the New Year brings you many blessings and lots of laughter. Thanks again for your very sweet comments on my blog. It means so much to me you take the time to read and to comment. XXOO
Your friend,
Debbie
Beautiful decorations!
ReplyDeleteCute kiddies!
Katherine
Sounds like a fun day! And Mexican food for Christmas sounds great to me...maybe I'll make it next year!
ReplyDeleteHaving grown up in the southwest, I love hispanic inspired dishes! Of course, northern New Mexico cuisine is a bit different than Tex-mex or Mexican foods. Better, I think! Your SIL's home is decorated so festively- I like that she has so many trees. A girl after my own heart, since I have 9 this year~ LOL Glad you came by for a visit. ~ Sue
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful way to spend Christmas. New follower.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Audrey
Hi Connie! Love all of your pretty displays and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Thank you for popping in to see me.
ReplyDeleteBe a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Her decor is gorgeous and sounds like such a great time with family. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, marty
ReplyDeleteAdorable decos. And the family gathering is priceless.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing other people celebrating Christmas.
Happy TTT & have a great & Peaceful NY to come.
Greetings from Sweden,
/CC
Her home looks very elegant and beautiful. Looks like everyone had a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteHi lovely lady.
ReplyDeleteHer home looks Beautiful for Christmas. looks like the hold family and children are all having a great time. I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Christmas tree. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday and a Happy New Year.
XXOO Diane
Connie (aka LOU),
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious post about your family Christmas...and YES! I saw some of those memeories in the making with your photos! Thanks for your sweet comment and visit On Crooked Creek from the Kansas side of the Midwest! Stop by again soon, dear.
Fondly,
pat
P.S. My "Mr. Ed" grew up a farm boy...me...I'm a "city girl"!