As promised from my post yesterday found here, I did purchase a lamp from my father-in-law's collection.
The one that caught my eye was this very large, slag glass of greens and blues, with an ornate design covering it.
Here it is at home. The cord is too frayed so it will need to be rewired before I will plug it in.
I was told by buyer 171 it is a Miller lamp, and he feels they are more valuable than Tiffany lamps.
There is quite a story with this lamp.
Buyer 171 originally bought this.
Later I asked if he would sell it (since now I was having regrets for not going higher).
He told me he could sell this lamp easily and double his money, but he would let me have it for just $300 over what he paid for it. Not a bad profit for him, don't you think?
Well, I passed on it, all the while kicking myself. (You know how that goes.)
Next thing you know, buyer 171 had packed up all of his winnings and left the Miller lamp behind.
It seems there was a flaw in the lamp that the auction house had not seen, therefore, it was not disclosed during the sale.
See some of the design missing?
Buyer 171 did not want it.
Golly, guess that opens up the door for me.
I purchased it for the same bid.
You can always put this side to the back, and the flaw didn't bother me in the least.
Flaws are good.........we are all flawed in some way.
Now I am happy that I have a lamp from my FIL's collection. I think my husband is happy too but losing that BSA clock (story here) is still stinging.
Have a wonderful Sunday folks!
Linking up with Tabletop Tuesday and Knick of Time Tuesday and Ivy and Elephants What's It Wednesday
Linking up with Tabletop Tuesday and Knick of Time Tuesday and Ivy and Elephants What's It Wednesday
The lamp is just gorgeous.I wouldnt have been bothered about a small flaw either.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful lamp and how fortunate you were to get it at a good price! Aren't you glad you didn't accept his offer! And I actually don't mind things with "owies" -- I think of them as patina. But that lamp is TDF!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful lamp and the flaw is nothing just adds character!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a beautiful week
Blessings
Rebecca
Oh, the lamp is amazing! You got a real treasure there! Those little flaws just mean that it has a history, and that's what antiquers love. It's gorgeous! I'm a new follower and am inviting you to join our link party. Lovely blog!
ReplyDeletePatti