Oh gosh, I have not been on here for awhile but my home computer is about to crash.
Overloaded I fear.......it is very sluggish. Sure signs of cease and desist on the horizon.
My father-in-law's first estate sale was held on Sunday.
I was wondering why my husband was so quiet as we made the hour trek to the auction site early that morning.
I thought he would be excited to see how well the auction personnel had cleaned up and staged all the inventory.
The Wednesday prior I had been there to take individual pictures for the estate.
Amazed I was.
They sure did a great job.
I hope to post some pictures in a day or so.
The lamp gallery was impressive!
The Civil War memorabilia looked awesome!
Even the artwork that had been tucked away for years looked pretty good.
All I know was that I was going to buy this BSA clock for my husband (and it actually works too.)
It had been in his family for years and probably should not have been put in the antique auction.
With my father-in-law being a motorcycle dealer all of his life, my husband grew up with those two wheeled machines, and when he was old enough, started working side by side with his dad.
So, even if I had to pay the outrageous price of $500, I was going to get this baby back.
Welllll, it sold for $1000.
Can you believe it?
Needless to say, we went home without it.
So disappointed.
Sometime in the afternoon as we were looking around and watching strangers walk off with their most recent purchase, my husband mentioned that it was very sad to see everything his dad had worked for all of his life, come down to a day at the auction.
Now I know why he was so quiet that morning.
Now I know why only three of the eight children showed up.
It was just too hard.
How callous of me to not recognize the strong emotions that something like an auction for your loved ones might bring.
I should have known better.
I only hope and pray that time will heal these wounds.
Until next time, enjoy this great weather we are having in the midwest.
Do you think we can put the snowblower away?
No comments:
Post a Comment