Saturday, March 24, 2012

Vintage Lighting

I have always been fascinated with lighting.

It seems I'm always picking up another lamp.

My husband has learned to live with this.

This is one of my purchases last year.  A clarinet lamp made by Becky Detig from Grand Detour, IL.

Here is a table lamp I purchased at Carter's Cottage on my last birthday.  It is perfect for accent lighting at night, and to lighten up that dark corner by the phone.  Of course, I went to Carter's to get Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and left with additional items.  Carter's is a great shop for unique items, so if you are ever in the DeKalb, IL area, stop in or visit Christie's blog here.

This heavy thing hanging over our dining room table was purchased with the house.  It only looks decent at Christmas when it is covered with garland, bows and ornaments.  What do you think of it?  Pretty neat, huh? So far I have not found the "perfect" replacement that doesn't cost a fortune.
Which brings me to my father-in-law's estate sale held last Sunday.
He was an antique dealer but one of his passions was lighting.
Can you tell he liked lighting?




I was at amazed at his collection.  Even his kids did not know the extent or how diverse it was.  He had signed Tiffany, Pairpoint, Miller, Hamel, just to name a few.  He knew his stuff.

Even though this isn't a great picture, I couldn't resist turning off the lights and getting a picture of the "gallery" with those lights that worked and were without frayed cords.
I DID purchase a lamp, and it is in one of these pictures, but you will just have to wait until next time.

In the meantime, I'm linking up with Funky Junk's Saturday Night Special here.  The theme is Unique Lighting.  (Of course that is why I'm linking up.)

Until next time, see ya around.

No comments:

Post a Comment